Micellula DNA Emulsion & Purification Kit
Kit for creation of emulsions and subsequent DNA purification. For emulsion PCR (ePCR) and for nucleic acid amplifications in emulsions.
Figure 1: Micellula Kit: Box and kit components.
Required component not included in this kit: 2-butanol or butanol
Required amount: 1 ml / column. This reagent has to be supplied by the user.
Use 1 prep (1 spin column) per DNA emulsion reaction and 2 preps (2 spin columns) per ePCR reaction.
Figure 2: Emulsion PCR prevents propagation of PCR errors across micelle borders. This example demonstrates direct PCR re-amplification of a ~200 bp non-purified PCR product (E). Control amplification of an unemulsified, “open” control reaction (O) leads to development of the typical unspecific "smear". Marker (M) EURx 100 bp DNA Ladder.
Figure 3: Emulsion PCR (A) prevents runoff amplification due to unequal amplification rates, (B) reduces the probability of chimera formation by physical separation of template DNA molecules, and (C) prevents non-homologous recombination. Rare or difficult-to-amplify sample molecules are preserved and high sample diversity is maintained throughout the entire reaction.
- For emulsion PCR (ePCR) and other molecular biological reactions in emulsions with subsequent DNA purification.
- Nanoscale technology enables high-throughput screenings: Approx. 10E9 physically separated reaction compartiments per 50 µl volume of water phase are generated.
- Complete set with emulsion components and compatible DNA purification spin columns.
- Promotes bias-free library amplification, e.g. for sample preparation in next-generation-sequencing.
- Prevents PCR-artifacts such as non-specific run-off amplification and non-homologous recombination.